The ESCMID Conference on Coronavirus Disease (ECCVID) will take place online from Wednesday 23 to Friday 25 September 2020. This will be the first conference focussing exclusively on COVID-19 organised by the European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID). It will cover all aspects of SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19 disease, featuring a comprehensive scientific programme that will span a wide range of topics surrounding this emerging threat.
The plenaries, oral sessions and poster presentations will cover topics including:
- Lessons from the emergence of coronaviruses over two decades
- COVID-19 vaccines: current state of play
- Children and schools during the COVID-19 pandemic: do school closures help?
- The Impact of COVID-19 on the elderly population
- Use of convalescent plasma for COVID-19 treatment
- Prospects for anti-inflammatory therapies for COVID-19
- Modelling a pandemic in real time: lessons learned from disease models for COVID-19
- Global mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond
ECCVID has also partnered with The Lancet Journals to organise a special session including papers to be published by the following titles in The Lancet family:
- The Lancet
- The Lancet Respiratory Medicine
- The Lancet Public Health
- The Lancet Microbe
- The Lancet Global Health
- The Lancet Infectious Diseases
The session will take place at 17:15 CEST on Thursday 24 September.
A series of embargoed press releases will be issued covering both the above session, and other abstracts and sessions. These will cover all three days of the congress.
Bona fide members of the media may apply for a free press registration for the congress. To register as press, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org stating your full name, media outlet, and providing links to your work that feature your name.