About the Features and Articles Portal
The Features and Articles Portal aims to showcase greater diversity of perspectives on -- and stories about -- the scientific endeavor beyond single-study news releases.
Feature Stories cover science-related "evergreen" content -- stories that are not necessarily time-sensitve. Examples include:
- A profile of, or Q&A with, a scientist
- An overview of a research project
- Updates on past, ongoing, or future projects
Article Highlights are descriptions of one or more peer-reviewed studies published at any time with the aim of providing greater context of a line of inquiry.
Disctinctive from other parts of EurekAlert!, Feature Stories and Article Highilghts:
- have a disctinctive look from News Releases
- are accessible through this portal
- are indexed by internal and external search engines
- are not displayed in news release feeds
- are not distributed by email alerts to reporter-members.